Our RV Recipes treat of the week makes for the perfect camping treat or dessert! Try these tangy lemon bars. Everyone in the campground will love them!
Just look at these lemon bars: Add them to your RV Recipes list!
If you love the “tang” of a citrus dessert, you will definitely enjoy these lemon bars. They will be one of your favorite RV Recipes. Guaranteed!
The baking time can vary with high altitude cooking but I find that it is easy to adjust at any altitude as needed. This recipe is simple to make ahead and bring along on an RV trip. If your RV has a convection or regular toaster oven, you can easily whip these up in your RV galley.
The ingredients are simple but the end product provides enough to have these goodies on hand for a few days and still have plenty to share at a potluck or other gathering.
RV Recipes Ingredients
For the cookie bar base
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 oz softened butter
pinch of sea salt (if using unsalted butter)
baking spray (optional)
RV Recipes Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly butter or spray the inside of 2 8″ 8″ disposable or other oven-safe baking pans.
- In a large bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Slice 2 sticks (of 4 oz. softened butter) into 8 tbsp. per 4 oz. of butter.
- With clean hands, work the butter into the flour mixture until a dough is formed and the flour and butter are fully blended. Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces, press equal portions of dough into each pan. Note: The dough can get sticky, you may want to lightly spray your hands with baking spray or a small amount of butter.
- Bake the crust until the edges just start to turn a golden brown and the cookie base is fully cooked.
- While the crust is in the oven make the filling ingredients, ingredients and directions are listed below.
RV Recipes Filling Ingredients
4 uncooked eggs, whisk lightly, set aside.
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice (approx. 1 large or 2 medium lemons)
zest of a lemon
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
RV Recipes Topping
1/4 cup powdered sugar
RV Recipes Filling and Topping Directions
- In a medium, whisk eggs lightly, add lemon juice, stir and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and the zest of a lemon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Pour filling over warm baked crust and return the lemon bars to the oven to continue baking at 350 F.
- Bake the lemon bars until the filling sets, time is approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool the baked pan of lemon bars then sprinkle with powdered sugar topping.
- Cut the lemon bars into 16 equal sized pieces.
- Lightly cover and refrigerate and leftovers and enjoy within a few days.
If you are looking for other tips, food pairings, or over 105 recipes that are designed for those who travel in an RV, check out: My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! – available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday we publish our RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where we share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we'll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and I use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider's newsletter each Monday, you'll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!
Comments are closed.