This dish is perfect for making a mildly spicy Mexican chicken dish that creates a luscious sauce. I have made various versions of this recipe depending on the ingredients I’m able to obtain easily. This is my most basic version but to tell you the truth simplicity is just fine with this dish and everyone came back for 2nds and gave me generous compliments throughout the evening! If you have leftovers you can change it up a bit and make some kicked up nachos the next evening.
This RV Recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Verde is for the 3 qt. Instant Pot. Double it for the 6 qt Instant Pot
RV Recipe Instant Pot Chicken Verde Ingredients
4 – 5 bone in skin on chicken thighs, rinse and pat dry
6 large tomatillos, remove husk, rinse, scrub the sticky outer coating from the tomatillos.
4 variety of chili peppers (Anaheim, jalapeno, pablano etc.)
Condiments/Sides to serve with this RV Recipe of Instant Pot Chicken Verde meal
1 small bag tortilla chips
8 oz sour cream
1 cup mixed grated cheddar cheese
Directions for this RV Recipe of Instant Pot Chicken Verde
- Prepare uncooked chicken as noted above. Place in the stainless steel liner of the Instant Pot.
- Chop the rinsed chilis and tomatillos. Dice chili peppers, remove and discard seeds and spine, place in the Instant Pot. Cut the tomatillos in 2 – 4 pieces after rinsing and scrubbing. Add diced chilis and tomatillos to the Instant Pot.
- Close IP lid and steam vent. Select manual high pressure 25 minutes. Let IP do a natural release for a few minutes then do a quick release.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard chicken skin, bone and any cartilage or chicken veins. Tear or chop chicken into large bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Inset an immersion blender on low to the chili sauce and blend until the remaining chili pieces liquefy.
- Ladle the chicken verde into individual bowls. Serve with the condiments above.
- Refrigerate and cover any leftovers and enjoy with a few days.
Would you like more RC Recipe Instant Pot meals and other great ideas? My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
RV Recipe archives
CLICK HERE to check out my RV recipe archives going back for years, including many Instant Pot meals
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday we publish our RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where we share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we’ll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and I use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider’s newsletter each Monday, you’ll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!