This week’s RV Recipe is for Key Lime Pie!
This is a super easy creamy key lime pie with a little zing of red pepper jelly that folks can add to their personal slice as they wish!
This makes for a perfect camping dessert for this long Fourth of July holiday that will delight everyone around the campfire. ThisKey lime pie is the perfect summertime and belongs in your RV Recipies file!
If you don’t have an oven available, make this key lime pie as directed but omit the baking process but follow the directions to refrigerate the pie 3 or more hours and until serving time.
Scoop the yummy key lime pie ingredients (which will be a little loose like pudding), place portions of the dessert in individual 6 oz. clear cups. Garnish suggestions in the recipe that follows!
RV Recipe Ingredients for key lime pie
1 pie shell pre-made walnut/graham cracker crust
28 oz Borden’s sweetened condensed milk (low price generic brand is too thin consistency)
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 zest from a lemon or lime
Key Lime Pie Topping
1 rounded tbsp. pepper jelly
whipped cream – optional
Key Lime Pie Directions – Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl whisk together the filling ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour filling into a pre-made pie shell.
- Bake for approximately 8 – 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 350F or until custard is slightly set. Note: Pie is ready when small air bubbles on the surface begin to pop. Note: Do not overcook.
- Let pie cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 2 – 24 hours prior to cutting and serving.
- Just prior to serving, top the pie with a whipped cream border (optional). Garnish the center of the pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a rounded tbsp. of red pepper jelly.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Note: If you do not have an oven… skip #3 the baking. The key lime pie needs to be refrigerated 3 – 24 hrs. to thicken and hold its shape and may be somewhat loose like pudding, but still delicious.
If you are looking for other RV recipes, food pairings or over 105 recipes that are designed for those who travel in an RV r camper, check out my cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! – available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: https:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday we publish our RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where we share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we’ll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and I use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider’s newsletter each Monday, you’ll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!