These ingredients combine well and make a delicious Instant Pot meal.
Remember to use a minimum of 1 1/2 cups of liquid when using an Instant Pot regardless of the Instant Pot size, unless the cooking manual states otherwise.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 whole chicken breast, boneless skinless, cut in 1″ cubes
2 1/2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
1/4 red onion, diced finely
2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 tsp black pepper
1/3 tsp salt
2 cups no sodium organic chicken broth
2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup organic soy sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup mung Chinese bean sprouts (garnish)
1 green onion, diced (garnish)
- With the Instant Pot open and the stainless steel bowl in place, plug in the Instant pot and select Saute.
- Pour oil into the bowl, after 1 minute add diced red onion and peeled minced ginger.
- Saute for a few minutes then add minced garlic.
- Sprinkle uncooked 1″ chicken pieces with cornstarch and toss chicken to combine.
- Add chicken to the pot. Sprinkle with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stir mixture intermittently and slowly add 1 cup of chicken broth over a few minutes as the chicken cooks on the saute mode for 8 minutes.
- Add rice, remaining 1 cup of chicken broth, orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Turn Instant Pot off using the warm button.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and turn the venting knob to the closed position.
- Select the manual setting. Set the time to 12 minutes on high pressure using the +/- buttons.
- The Instant Pot will pressurize over a few minutes then the digital display will show the count down starting the 12 minutes of high pressure cooking .
- Let the pot depressurize naturally.
- Garnish the chicken dish with chopped organic green onions and Chinese mung bean sprouts.
- If you prefer vegetarian, try substituting the chicken and chicken broth with artichoke hearts cut in half and vegetarian broth!