When traveling on the road and craving a fresh bakery item to enjoy over the next few days… here is a coffeecake that you can put together in a snap that is delicious, low cost and versatile. This snack cake is good as a breakfast item, snack or even as a dessert.
I made this while traveling with others in our RV’s this week, shared half with a friend traveling solo and still had plenty for 3 plus days for my husband and I to enjoy.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 package (dry mix) Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl mix
Note: Brown sugar and cinnamon are in one of the two packages in the Krusteaz pkg. mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1 apple, rinse, peel, dice
1. Preheat Convection oven to 350 F degrees (177 C).
2. Lightly apply baking spray to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, set aside.
3. Set brown sugar cinnamon mix package aside.
4. In a medium bowl combine dry cake mix with egg, water and optional sour cream, stir to combine.
5. Pour half the batter into the casserole dish.
6. Peel a crisp baking apple of choice, remove seeds and cut the apple in bite sized pieces.
7. Add half the package of brown sugar mix over the batter, top with half the apple pieces.
8. Pour the remaining batter into the casserole dish and top with the other half of cinnamon brown sugar mix and
9. Bake the coffeecake in the preheated convection oven for 45 minutes at 350 F (177 C) degrees.
10. Store left overs in a sealed container.
11. The cake can be stored at room temperature for 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.