We RVers love to travel far off the interstates and main highways. That’s where all the adventure lies, all the great places, and most beautiful camping spots.
I like to feature those kind of finds on the Roadtreking RV Podcast in a segment called “Off the Beaten Path.”
For the ones we use, I’ll give you a tip of the hat on the podcast, play your recorded account of your trip, and then send you an official Roadtreking hat (a $16.95 value), which all the cool kids are wearing.
You can do so by clicking the Send Voicemail link over on the right side of this page. That will open up a small window that allows you to select the built-in microphone on your computer to record your voice as you send in the report. If you make a mistake, don’t worry, you can review the recording and start over until you are happy with the result.
Just start your report by saying, “This is (whatever your name is) and my Off the Beaten Path trip took me to (just tell us about it).”
When you record the message and send it to me, I’ll have your email so if I use your report – and I can’t think of why I wouldn’t – I’ll send you an email back to get your address to ship you the hat.
So, what kind of reports should you send it? Here’s just a few suggestions:
- Accounts of beautiful drives and roadways, the scenery you saw
- Places where wildlife can be seen
- Unusual experiences, adventures, mishaps, close calls
- Humorous things seen along the way
- Local restaurants serving remarkable regional specialties
- Weird, specialty or fascinating museums
- Great campsites in remote or unusual places
- Tourist attractions that most people overlook
You get the idea.
Only rule is the sound should be clear and you need to keep the report to under five minutes.