I made these breakfast burritos on the stovetop of our RV galley using ingredients that can be stored for a long time in the fridge/freezer.
- 1 Breakfast Burritos Ingredients
- 2 Directions
- 3 My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
- 4 Find all the RV Recipes
- 5 Inspired to get traveling?
- 6 Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
After a few days of cereal with yogurt, bananas, and blueberries… we were ready for something different and warm for breakfast!
I had the following ingredients on hand and the results… rewarding!
Enough for my husband Jeff and me for breakfast with leftovers to freeze for 2 additional meals.
Breakfast Burritos Ingredients
2 slices cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen hash browns
2 soy chorizo sausages
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp butter
a no salt all-purpose spice or salt and pepper to taste
6 flour tortillas ~ 8″ size
- Gather ingredients for the burritos and place them in a workspace close to the stove.
- In a medium saute’ pan add 1 1/2 tsp of oil. Turn the stove to medium-high.
- When the oil is warm, add the hash browns. Stir and cook for about 7 minutes or cooked through. Remove the hash browns to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil to the pan. Remove the chorizo from the casings, saute’ and stir until the chorizo is thoroughly cooked 165 F. Remove cooked chorizo to a plate.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs with a tsp. of water.
- Add a tsp. of butter to the pan and turn heat to medium. Melt butter, add the eggs. Stir as needed until eggs are cooked.
- Tear 1 slice of cheese into 4 pieces. With the heat on medium place cheese pieces on top of the cooked eggs. Add cooked hash browns and stir. Add cooked chorizo and stir.
- Cut the remaining 1 1/2 tsp of butter in 4 and place evenly along the inner edges of the pan.
- Top with the final piece of cheese, torn into 3 – 4 pieces. Let the cheese melt some then turn off the heat.
- Cook the tortillas on both sides, 1 at a time over low flame or heat from the stove.
- Assemble and roll your burritos using about 1/2 cup of chorizo mixture per buritto.
- Package the leftover burritos single layer in a zip-top freezer bag. Label the outer bag listing the contents and date packaged. Enjoy within 3 months.
- Reheat the frozen burritos in the microwave until hot and center is warm.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Find all the RV Recipes
Inspired to get traveling?
Our YouTube Channel is FULL of adventures all over the U.S. come along and see some amazing National Parks. If you have never had time to visit our National Parks you must find the time! They are some of the best places to boondock and enjoy the majestic wonders of nature. Take a look here at some of our recent travels to these national treasures. Or come hang out with us on our Weekly Award-Winning Podcast where we discuss the latest news for our National Parks.
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday we publish our RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where we share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. We’ll start by sending you a free RV travel checklist. Plus, you become one of our Fellow Travelers, which gets you lots of special perks and RV discounts. It’s totally free! Enter your info below and you are in!