I came up with this version of making quick microwave popcorn. Once the popcorn is done, add a teaspoon of seasoning of choice: cinnamon sugar, chili powder, spices and or sea salt.
Serves 2 – 3
1/4 cup fresh non GMO popcorn kernels
1 teaspoon sea salt or spice mix of choice
- Place 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a double lined plain brown lunch bag (no printing or inks on bag).
- Crease and fold the opening sides at the top of the bag three times and lay the bag flat on the glass plate turn table inside the microwave.
- Set the microwave on HIGH for approximately 1 min., 45 seconds. Stop the microwave when the popcorn popping slows to an occasional pop.
- Remove bag from the microwave, let it rest for a few seconds then carefully unfold the brown bag as steam will be escaping.
- Pour the popcorn into a bowl and season with sea salt or spices.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com