Here’s a recipe that will get your camping day started with some good protein and vegetables, a healthy meal that tastes great.
For this recipe I diced the vegetables and tomotes that I had on hand along and combined them with a couple of eggs,a pat of butter( or avocado spray oil) and viola… breakfast is ready quick and easy
2 raw eggs or egg beater equivalent ( I like 1 egg mixed with 1 egg white and a tsp of water)
1 tsp butter or avocado or other cooking spray
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced zucchini (Italian squash)
3 grape tomatoes, diced
1/4 ripe avocado, sliced thinly (optional)
salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, add a teaspoon of water and the eggs, set aside.
- Dice the onions, tomatoes and zucchini on a cutting board then set aside.
- Add butter or cooking spray to a small saute’ pan. Turn stove or grill on to medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add the diced vegetables and tomatoes. Stir intermittently for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the saute’ vegetables.
- Let the eggs congeal along the side then gently, using a spatula, pull the sides of the egg toward the center of the pan as you tilt the pan slightly allowing the uncooked egg mixture to flow to the outer edges to cook quickly and evenly.
- When the egg mixture is nearly set (barely runny) flip the frittata to complete the cooking for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Remove the frittata to a medium plate and garnish with sliced avocado.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com