This is a a dish dinner that comes together easily and is a tasty Spring time twist on traditional crepes. The recipe comes together easily as a make ahead meal to bring along while on a camping adventure… or prepare this while camping using your toaster oven or convection oven in your RV.
If you are limited to stovetop or grill cooking, warm the cooked chicken and sauce mixture in a pan over medium/ low heat and serve with a crepe on the side or roll the filling in the crepe and serve enchilada style.
1 pkg pre-made crepes typically in the produce aisle (or you can make you own)
16 oz precooked sliced chicken fresh or frozen, cut in 1″ strips
8 spears, fresh asparagus
20 – 24 oz alfredo sauce premade jar, (or homemade white sauce)
1/3 tsp grated nutmeg
1/4 cup grated parmesan
pinch cayenne pepper
- Apply a light coat of baking spray to the inside of a medium casserole dish.
- Rinse the asparagus, cut off 1 1/2″ from the root end and discard. Chop the remaining asparagus into 1″ pieces.
- Place 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Set 1/2 cup of sauce aside for a topping on the finished dish.
- Place a single layer of premade crepes over the sauce in the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of sauce with the cooked sliced chicken pieces, nutmeg, cayenne, parmesan and asparagus. Stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute the chicken mixture over the sauce..
- Top with a layer of crepes and bake in a preheated convection or toaster oven for 25 minutes.
- Top with the 1/2 cup of sauce you set aside. Slice the casserole in individual portions and serve.
- My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.