A moist and delicious strawberry bread recipe. You can use fresh diced strawberries or frozen strawberries that are drained and diced.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Pre heat oven: 350 Baking time: 50 – 70 minutes Makes: 2 loaf pans or 2 small rectangular pyrex pans
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 2/3 cups diced pecans
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups diced strawberries (if frozen, drain liquid prior to adding strawberries to the mixture)
Orange Peel Strawberry Butter:
1 cube softened butter
1/2 cup strawberry jam
zest of 1 orange
- For the compound butter: Use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the softened butter, jam and orange peel. Place mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the bread: Combine dry ingredients in 1 bowl. In another bowl whisk eggs, oil and vanilla, then pour into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add strawberries last, then stir until just combined. Spray pans with PAM baking spray. Pour mixture into 2 loaf or small pyrex pans.
- Bake in loaf pans or small casserole dish in a pre heated oven on the middle rack until the bread is done.
- To check for doneness, use a toothpick or (I use a steak knife) inserted into the middle of the bread. The toothpick or knife should not have any wet mixture or crumbs attached to it when you remove the tester (toothpick or knife).
- Let the fully baked bread rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
Comments are closed.