This recipe that can be prepared with a hand full of pantry items and some mayonnaise and still make an impressive main meal.
1 12 oz. can of lump crabmeat
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs plus 1/3 cup to coat the cakes for frying
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp siracha
1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- In a small bowl combine siracha with mayonnaise or sour cream. Place in the fridge until serving.
- Drain crabmeat and pat dry.
3. Remove any shell or cartilage.
4. Add mayonnaise, spices and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Form crab cakes into patties.
5. Place crab cakes on a plate, cover and put in the fridge for an hour to firm up. Coat the crab cakes with remaining bread crumbs.
6. Cook the crab cakes a skillet on the stovetop or in a cast iron skillet on the grill.
7. Cook the crab cakes for about 5 minutes each side over medium heat.
8. Cook the crab cakes to a nice golden brown before turning the cakes over with a metal spatula.