We are truly entering pumpkin season…
Here is a quick delicious mug cake I developed that will get you in the spirit of the season! No need for baking soda or baking powder. The cake has a pleasant crumb and great moisture. The cranberries are optional. You could add or substitute a tablespoon of diced pecans and a half teaspoon of grated orange zest if you like!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Cooking Method: Microwave
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Microwave time: 90 seconds on HIGH
4 tbsp gluten free (or other) flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tbsp. dried cranberries
1 tbsp. canned organic pumpkin
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp. water
pinch sea salt
coconut oil baking spray
- Lightly coat a medium sized (microwave safe) mug with baking spray.
- To the mug add flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, dried cranberries and salt to the mug; stir to combine.
- Add canned pumpkin, vanilla, water and coconut oil to the mug; stir well to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Float 2 tbsp. of water on top of the batter.
- Microwave the mug cake on HIGH for 90 seconds.