The Story of Bo
We’re dog people. If you know anything about us, you know that.
Jennifer and I both grew up with dogs and since we married, we’ve always had a dog.
When we started RVing in 2012, we had Tai, who was our third Norwegian Elkhound.
When Tai passed away in 2015, we soon had Bo, our fourth Elkhound.
One of the reasons why we like to RV is we can bring Bo. We’re not alone in that respect, by the way. A few years ago I surveyed our Fellow RV Lifestyle Travelers and about 70 percent said one of the main reasons they travel by RV is so they can travel with their pets, too.
So Bo is a big part of the RV Lifestyle.
But that’s not to say there aren’t challenges in traveling with a dog in an RV.
Too many places don’t allow dogs. Places like National Parks. Hiking trails. Beaches.
It’s a long list, really,
And often, there are things Jennifer and I want to do – like take a hike in a National Park, eat at a fancy restaurant, visit a museum, go to a movie, attend a grandkid’s sporting event, shoot some video in places that are not dog friendly and lots of other things – but we can’t, because dogs are not allowed.
Yes, like at home, we can leave him in the RV when he can’t accompany us. But what if the AC goes out?
The video below explains how we travel with Bo in our RV:
Here are all the resources, products, and services we referenced in the video:
- To get our free ebook The Ultimate Guide to RVing with your Dog click here
- To get $100 off the cost of the RV Pet Safety device and a year’s service click here and use the coupon code: rvlifestyle
- To learn about the Rover service if finding pet care on the road: click here
- To access the Bring Fido web service: click here
- To learn more about the Mighty Paws Ultimate Dog Travel Package (30’ long lead, safety harness, and seat belt strap) click here..use code RV to save 10%
Bo has his own audience over on Instagram!
Come on over to Instagram and see what he’s up to. https://www.instagram.com/bothervelkhound/
And if your RV travels find you and your dog near any fireworks this year – consider reading this post, too.
Pin this for later!