Corned Beef and Cabbage comes together nicely in an Instant Pot. This recipe is for a 6 quart version of the Instant Pot.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
4 lb. uncooked corned beef with seasoning packet
3 1/2 cups water
2 ounces bread and butter pickle juice
2 bay leaves
2 stalks celery, rinse and rough chop
1/2 red onion, cut in quarters
2 carrots, rinse and chop
2 – 3 potatoes, rinse and chop in large pieces
1/2 head green cabbage, rinse and chop
other: deli mustard and rye bread
- Rinse uncooked corned beef and pat dry.
- Cut meat into 4 equal crosswise cuts and place the meat fat side up directly into the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot. You do not need to use the Instant Pot rack.
- Pour water and pickle juice over the corned beef.
- Add spice packet, bay leaves and rough chopped celery and onion.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and close the steam vent.
- Use the manual setting, set the time to 60 minutes HIGH pressure using the +/- button.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes then turn the quick release valve to release the remaining steam. It will sputter so you may want to place a clean kitchen towel lightly over the release valve.
- Remove the meat to a casserole dish. Place Instant Pot trivet in the pot, add the carrots, cabbage and potatoes, staying within the maximum fill line.
- After the corned beef has cooled for 10 minutes, slice with a serrated knife in 1/4″ wide slices cut against the grain.
- Seal the Instant Pot closing the steam release valve and set the pressure to HIGH for 5 minutes to cook the vegetables then use the quick release by turning the steam vent valve.
- Place the vegetables into a casserole dish.
- Serve with a side of rye bread and deli mustard.
- To adapt to a 3 quart Instant Pot, decrease ingredients as necessary while maintaining at least 1 1/2 cups of water.
Comments are closed.