This dessert is not only easy…it is tasty and perfect just by itself or use as a luxurious topping over a dish of vanilla ice cream.
4 large granny smith apples
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp. melted ghee or butter
2 – 3 tbsp. cinnamon
1 oranges (juice only)
2/3 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup water
2 – 3 tbsp. coconut flour
2 – 3 tbsp. tapioca flour
2 – 3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 – 3 tbsp. organic sugar
juice from half and orange
Directions (apple crisp)
- Rinse apples, pat dry. Cut each apple in quarters. Remove the apple peel with a paring knife or a peeler.
- Thinly slice each apple quarter and place in a pie pan. Toss apples with the juice of a lemon or orange.
- Add both flours and to the bowl of apples then gently toss the apples to lightly coat the slices.
- Add sugars, cinnamon and salt to the apple mixture and toss or stir to combine the ingredients.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 orange over the apple mixture. Make the apple crisp topping.
1. Place oatmeal and water in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave, stir and set aside.
2. Add sugars, salt, cinnamon, juice of 1/2 an orange and ghee to the bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Using clean hands sprinkle topping crumble over apple mixture.
4. Bake the apple crumble for 40 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com