Fajitas can make a quick easy lunch or dinner when traveling and can be prepared at the campsite or cooked in advance and finished in a few minutes after you arrive at your destination.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
For vegetarian: omit chicken
For Vegan: Omit chicken, cheese and sour cream
Serves 1 or more
1 chicken breast or 3 chicken tender slices per person
1/2 bell pepper per person
1/4 onion per person (optional)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms per person
1/2 cup sliced zucchini per person
1/2 tomato, diced per person
1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
1/2 cup salsa per person
2 tbsp guacamole per fajita
1 – 2 tbsp sour cream per fajita
1 tbsp. cheddar cheese per fajita
salt and pepper to taste
medium sized flour tortilla quantity, as desired
- Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh vegetables.
- Slice defrosted or fresh chicken breast(s) into 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over moderate heat and saute chicken for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced vegetables to the saute pan with the chicken and continue cooking until vegetable are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add salsa to the saute pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy fajitas with heated tortillas (flour or corn) and sour cream and guacamole. Notes: To modify for a non meat dish – omit the chicken and consider adding jack fruit or chopped artichoke hearts. You can easily vary the recipe in many ways by substituting other vegetables or proteins (shrimp, steak etc.).
Comments are closed.