Anticipation, they say, is half the fun.
I think there’s a point there. Thinking, planning, dreaming and looking forward to the next trip is indeed pretty exciting.
And as Jennifer and I look at the calendar, we have a lot of miles we’ll be traveling in some pretty diverse places.
Here’s what’s on our Roadtreking road map for the next month:
- Northern Minnesota – A Jan. 23-29th winter camping trip to Duluth, MN via Michigan’s UP from, and then north to the Canadian border as we do reporting for the annual 400-mile Beargrease Dog Sled Marathon. It’s going to be cold and snowy. Already they have three-foot-plus on the ground up there. But who says you can’t camp in the winter?
- Punxsutawney, PA – From Jan.28-Feb 2, our Roadtrek eTrek will take us to Gobbler’s Nob in the tiny town of Punxsutawney,PA to witness if Phil the Groundhog sees his shadow on Feb. 2 and whether we will have six more weeks of winter. This is an elaborate event and I’ve always wanted to see this, ever since I saw the Bill Murray movie. So this year, we’ll be there.
- West Virgiania and Ohio – From Feb 3-5, we have stories to do about technology and the Internet in West Virginia and southwest Ohio. I’ll let you know the specifics later but we’re taking the Roadtrek. Then it’s back home for a few days
- Mississippi – We’ll be in Gautier, MS Feb. 21-24 enjoying SMOKIN’ ON THE BAYOU, a special pre-Mardi Gras Roadtreking event organized by Paul Konowalchuk Pogorzelski, who promises some great Bar-B-Que with a group of other Roadtrekers, They tell me the whole region down there in bayou country celebrates Mardi Gras from late Feb through the official March 4 big day in New Orleans and Pogo has a bunch of activities planned. You can find him on our Facebook group if you want details.
- Florida or Texas – As Bob Seger sings in Roll Me Away, after Pogo’s gathering , Jennifer and I could go east (to the Florida sun) or west (towards the Texas Hill Country). It’s all up to us to decide. We haven’t figured out which way or for how long we’ll go…. only that we’ll go.
See why we’re anticipating.
Hope to see you out there.
22 Responses to “Anticipation: A month of travel awaits”
Comments are closed.
October 13, 2014at10:37 pm, Les Jackson said:
Come check out Oregon!
October 13, 2014at2:02 pm, Susie Brown said:
Uh oh, you mentioned Texas in a post…. I’m into native travel promoter mode: http://texashighways.com/daytripper/item/7607-daytripper-chet-garner-san-antonio
October 13, 2014at1:29 pm, Susie Brown said:
Texas Hill Country is beautiful. Exploring the wineries is fun. A side trip to the “Keep Austin Weird” music scene and local cuisine adds to the experience. Couple hours south is San Antonio – the Alamo – Our unique Tex-Mex heritage. Ya’ll come on down! Spend $$=State Economy 🙂
October 13, 2014at12:14 pm, Denise Washington said:
October 13, 2014at10:50 am, Bren Trider said:
Is this fabric!? Love it!!
April 10, 2014at6:59 am, Lory Burns Cerutti Eckert said:
April 10, 2014at2:27 am, Lisa Stephens-Huffman said:
Can’t wait. 1,546 miles to 0 mile marker.
April 10, 2014at1:27 am, Wenga Samatar Fai said:
April 10, 2014at1:10 am, Laura Lee Butts Etherton said:
February 06, 2014at9:35 am, Peggy Jo Smith said:
We are just finishing a month long trip. Is that picture of fabric?? If so, I want some
February 05, 2014at5:02 pm, Jamee Vaughn said:
The “anticipation” is killing my husband!!! Our “Teardrop” camper is in the process of being built, and we won’t have it until June!!! We live in WI, so we’ve got cabin fever anyway. But reading RV trekking forums is almost more than we can stand!!! I want to get on the road NOW!!!! So jealous!!!!!
February 05, 2014at2:54 pm, Michelle Jacobs-Thomas said:
Feeling a road trip coming soon! 🙂
January 16, 2014at7:40 pm, Paul Konowalchuk Pogorzelski said:
Cool plug in Mike! THX
January 16, 2014at6:13 pm, Sharon said:
You’ll be in my neighborhood when you come to see Phil! Lots to see in the area. Just don’t forget “that hat”. Just pin a Punxsy Phil on the top and you’ll fit right into the crowd! Don’t forget all the Phil statues in town. They’re all around town.
January 16, 2014at12:51 pm, Connie Lyons Shook said:
Would love curtain material out of this…
January 16, 2014at11:26 am, Janet Arnold said:
Where is the one for Wall Drug? Heh heh
January 16, 2014at10:11 am, Yvonne said:
We just bought an etrek and are so excited about traveling. Aren’t you worried about something freezing in the cold? We are afraid of our water lines!
January 16, 2014at9:30 am, Twila Sorrell said:
January 16, 2014at9:09 am, Mike Wendland said:
We miss you, too, Stu! Great to hear from you!
January 16, 2014at9:03 am, Stu said:
Sounds like a lot of fun, I will be riding along with you in spirit. Sure miss you both.
January 16, 2014at8:51 am, William Scully said:
I’d love to be traveling but only a month.
January 16, 2014at8:13 am, Nancy Craft Long said:
Wish I had an rv , I would love to travel this country.