If you are looking for a quick, easy dish that can come together in a matter of minutes while adventure camping try this recipe. It tastes great as a main dish, side side… or even a cold salad.
Prepare this dish using a galley or portable outdoor stovetop. As an alternate you could prepare this dish in a heavy grill friendly saucepan or cast iron skillet.
1 lb raw asparagus
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon or orange (juice and zest)
salt and pepper to taste
optional: 1 cup cooked (bacon, chicken, ham and/or add a 1/2 cup of pecans, walnuts or pine nuts.
- Rinse asparagus, cut and discard the lower 2″ of the stems.
- Cut asparagus on the diagonal in 1 1/2″ pieces, set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add cut asparagus to near boiling water (large bubbles at the bottom of the pan), turn heat down to a simmer.
- Cook asparagus for 2 minutes then drain, add the asparagus to a serving bowl.
- Toss the asparagus with (optional)grated parmesan cheese, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add the juice and zest from 1/2 an orange or a lemon. Note: Serve as a side dish or add some cooked diced chicken, shrimp, bacon, steak and/ or a half cup of your favorite lightly toasted nuts.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
2 Responses to “RV Recipe: Stovetop Asparagus with citrus zest”
Comments are closed.
March 02, 2020at10:44 am, Gloria Collier said:
Yum but I use broccoli or cauliflower instead of asparagus!
February 28, 2020at4:45 pm, Carol said:
This sounds amazing!! Thank you!!