We have some RV tips for you this week that comes from our Facebook community in answer to a question about cleaning RV Floors.
John was the original poster on our Facebook Group and he asked:
QUESTION: What is the best way or tool to vacuum and mop my RV?
In the first two hours after John posted this, this question brought in 53 answers from members of our RV Lifestyle Facebook Group.
Here are 10 RV tips about cleaning RV floors:
- Cindy says: Broom and Swiffer
- Debbie says: Good old rag and bucket
- Ron uses a Shark vacuum and a mop.
- Karen suggests Swiffer wet jet for the hard floors and a small Dirt Devil vac for the carpet noting that the handle collapses so it stores nicely in the camper.
- Bob uses Windex and paper towel on floors.
- Dhirag recommends the Bissell Crosswave, “I love it so much. Vacuums and washes the floor at the same time. Get the pet pro one, it picks up hair without clogging up.”
- Says Bev: “I’ve purchased several different mops/Swiffers etc and none of them were appropriate for the RV. I use a small bucket with water and Pine-Sol and a microfiber rag and wear a pair of rubber flip flops. I take the wet rag and use my foot to clean the floor.”
- Jeanette says “I have a round box of Lysol wipes. I just use them for wiping and disinfecting everything..the counter, sink, bathroom, and the floor. (Sweep with Dyson vacuum first). Rinse the rag and repeat. It sounds ridiculous but does the job and no hauling around useless stuff!”
- Grady says: “I have the Dyson battery-powered vac and it’s the best thing ever for vacuuming. I use a spray cleaner for the hardwood.”
- Cheryl uses “A small dust pan and brush or a Dust Buster. Then a wet soapy rag or paper towel. I use rinseless floor cleaner.”
The RV Lifestyle Facebook Group has nearly 40,000 members and is a tremendous asset for your RV questions and ideas. It’s free to join. Just go to https://rvlifestyle.com/facebook
Do you have a question you’d like us to answer or a comment on the things we’re discussing? If so, we invite you to leave us that question or comment on the special voicemail number we have for the podcast – it’s 586-372-6990. If you are driving and can’t write it down right now, just go to the RV Lifestyle travel blog at rvlifestyle.com and scroll down the page. You’ll see that number prominently posted on the blog.
Curious about the gear, gadgets, accessories, and RV products Mike & Jennifer use and recommend?
On this RV Lifestyle Travel blog, our RV Podcast and our RV Lifestyle YouTube Channel, Mike and Jennifer mention all sorts of RV-related products and gear that they use, So they created a special page that lists all the different items they talk about and show. CLICK HERE to go to it directly.
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday Mike and Jennifer Wendland publish the insiders RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where they share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we’ll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and Mike use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider’s newsletter each Monday, you’ll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!