Late summer is perfect for an RV Recipe of Bruschetta.
Enjoy these fresh ingredients as an appetizer or even the highlight of a light main meal. There is only a moderate amount of rinsing of the produce and chopping and this RV recipe is something that can be easily done at the campsite.
Where to get Bruschetta ingredients?
Farmers markets, farm stands, and grocery stores have vine ripe peaches and tomatoes and they are at their peak of freshness at this time of the year so I was determined to prepare this.
Everyone loved the combination of ingredients and gave this RV Recipe a WOW!
Here is the combination of ingredients I put together to make this Bruschetta dish last night.
I served my Bruschetta as an appetizer to a group of 8 people and have leftovers to enjoy later today.
- Increase or decrease the ingredients for the amount of Bruschetta you decide to make
5 tomatoes, vine-ripened if available
3 peaches, fresh ripe or canned with water drained and discard
1/4 red onion, fine diced
14 fresh basil
4 garlic cloves, fine minced
1/2 – 2/3 cup Kalamata olives, medium diced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste (go light on the salt)
1 loaf French or sourdough baguette, sliced 1/4″ slices
Note: Lightly butter and grill the sliced bread or serve untoasted
4 oz butter for drizzle over baguette slices prior to grilling
- Rinse produce and pat dry. Peel peaches, cut in half, discard seed then medium chop and add to a med/large bowl. Note: I find chopping is easier when using a flexible plastic cutting mat/board.
- Peel and chop onion, peel garlic, mince then add to the bowl with peaches.
- Pat olives dry, rough chop and add to the bowl.
- Rinse tomatoes, remove stem and seeds then medium chop and add to the bowl.
- Rinse fresh basil leaves. Note: Stack the leaves on top of each other starting with the largest leaf. Roll cigar-like into a tight bundle, cut finely (chiffonade) with a sharp knife then add to the bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar then salt & pepper over the bruschetta and lightly toss the ingredients to combine.
- Slice baguette in 1/4″ slices. Lightly butter and grill (if you like) or serve as soft slices. Note: I prefer to lightly butter and grill the bread slices for since the bruschetta is moist.
- Serve with soft or lightly toasted baguette slices.