These ingredients make a tasty pie or 8 small tarts for the holidays. The green and red colors are perfect for the season and the combination of sweet and tart is delicious and refreshing!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 Pillsbury ready-made refrigerated pie dough crust
3 Anjou pears
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup apricot jam
1 tsp cinnamon sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
Directions for pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll 1 refrigerated pie crust onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Rinse 3 pears, remove stem, core, seeds and cut pear into thin slices.
- Place pear slices in a medium bowl.
- Warm apricot jam to liquefy the jam for easy spreading.
- Add 1/4 cup jam and dried cranberries to the bowl with the pear slices.
- Add almond extract and cinnamon sugar to the pie filling, stir to combine.
- Pour pie filling into the center of the pie crust leaving a 2″ plain border.
- Fold edges of the pie crust over the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes then lightly cover the rustic torte (pie) with aluminum foil continue baking until the pie shell is golden brown (5 – 8) additional minutes.
- Brush top of pie or pie tarts with remaining apricot jam.
- If making small open face tarts in a muffin tin, baking time may be significantly reduced to 12 – 15 minutes.
- Bake until tarts are golden brown and pastry dough is cooked thoroughly.
- Let the rustic torte cool (on a cooling rack) for 10 minutes, then slice and serve plain or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whip cream.
Comments are closed.