This steak is a crowd pleaser and waiting to be grilled when the time is right.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
2 1 1/2″ frozen filet mignon or rib eye steak
Salt and Pepper to taste
For gas grill:
For frozen steaks…
- Clean and lightly oil the grill.
- Heat both sides of the grill to high for 15 minutes.
- Leave primary burner on high. Turn the other burner off.
- Place frozen steak in a single layer on the primary side of the grill approximately 6″ above the heat.
- Grill on high for approximately 5-7 minutes on each sides until the steak has nice browning and good markings.
- Move the steaks to the other side other the grill now where the heat is OFF. Continue to grill for 5-7 minutes on each side to the desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and allow them to rest on a plate or baking sheet with sides.
For steaks that are fresh, not frozen
- Bring steaks to room temperature and season with salt and pepper or steak rub.
- Clean grill and heat on high for 5- 10 minutes.
- Oil the grill lightly.
- Place steak on the grill over high heat until nicely browned on each side, seared.
- Turn heat to low (15% heat) and continue the grill both sides until desired doneness. (see temperature guide above).
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes after grilling before serving.
Temperature guide for desired doneness of the meat:
Rare: 115-120 degrees. Medium – rare: 120-125 degrees.