Enjoy this treat for a brunch while traveling in your RV!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Cooking Method: Convection
Casserole Dish 8″ x 8″
4 slices of brioche bread 3/4″ wide, sliced
3 mild italian sausages
2/3 cup pico de gallo, drained
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp honey mustard
salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly coat a 8″ x 8″ casserole dish with baking spray.
- Remove sausage from casings, divide each sausage into 5 pieces.
- Brown and cook sausage on the stovetop in a skillet over medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Tear each brioche bread slice into 6 – 8 pieces, place in the dish.
- Drain liquid from the 2/3 cup pico de gallo.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, honey mustard, pico de gallo, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over brioche, add browned sausage, pico de gallo and top with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate the casserole overnight.
- In the morning, preheat convection oven to 340 degrees.
- Bake the casserole for approximately 24 minutes then cover with foil, finish cooking the casserole another 5 – 7 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove casserole from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting into portions and serving.
- This casserole freezes well for up to 3 months.
- For the bread: You can use croissants or day old French bread instead of brioche.
- The casserole also adapts well to adding a cup of diced saute’ vegetables to this recipe.
- Sausage can be substituted with crisp bacon, cubed ham etc.