I came up with this recipe for a no fuss Instant Pot dinner last night. It may be simple but it is delightful!
6 quart Instant Pot or cut the ribs for fitting into a 3 quart IP (stay below the maximum fill line
1 rack Baby back pork ribs
1/2 cup split use Bibigo Korean BBQ Sauce (in the grocery aisle with soy sauce etc.)
1 cup water
After Instant Pot cooking complete
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 green onions, rinse and pat dry
- Rinse the rack of ribs, pat dry.
- Slide a knife under the white membrane at the end of the first rib bone, following the length of that rib. Lift the membrance upwards slightly.
- Grab the loosened portion of the membrane with one hand while stabilizing the pork ribs with the other hand then pull the membrane off the full length of the rack of pork and discard the membrane.
- Place a cup of water and the IP rack in the Instant Pot. Add the pork ribs, placing the rack on the outer section of the IP rack with the meaty portion facing outward.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce over the meaty portion of the ribs.
- Close the IP lid and vent. Set the IP to MANUAL 27 minutes on High pressure. When cooking is complete let the steam release naturally for 8 minutes then quick release.
- To crisp the meaty portion of the rack of ribs, place the rack of ribs on the grill, top with brown sugar and let the brown sugar melt over hot coals or med/high setting on a grill. Top with 2 full length stems of green onions and serve.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.