This is a simple delight idea for a Mother’s Day treat to share. I created this recipe today and you can easily decrease the number of little mini tassies or tiny pies by just using the number of small dessert bites you want to enjoy or share.
1 box of mini tart shells (~1″ wide by 1/2″ tall)
32 pecan halves
16 tsp apricot jam
8 tsp melted butter
2 tbsp organic brown sugar
- Arrange the mini tart shells in a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Add 1/2 tsp jam inside each mini tart shell.
- Top with 2 pecan halves placed over the jam in each tart.
- Drizzle each tart with melted butter.
- Top with a sprinkle of organic brown sugar.
- Turn stovetop or grill onto medium/low heat.
- Place skillet over the heat just until jam starts to melt slightly.
- As an alternate cooking method, preheat convection or toaster oven to 350 degrees and bake the tarts on a baking sheet or mini muffin pan.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.