Got a hankering for fish? Here's a simple recipe you can prepare in an RV Convection oven, on the stovetop or in a cast iron skillet outdoors on a grill.
Halibut is currently readily available in the fresh fish section of the grocery store. I plan to serve the leftovers for dinner tomorrow, perhaps as the protein in soft tacos!
Serves 2 and leftovers for 2 the following day
1 1/2 fresh halibut
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp butter
2/3 cup pistachio nuts
- Rinse halibut, pat dry, cut fish into 4 equal sized filets
- Place filets in cooking pan. Pour oil into the pan and roll the halibut in the oil.
- Rough chop shelled pistachios, medium coarse grain slightly larger dice than Panko.
- Set cooking heat to med/high or if using convection set oven to 375 F.
- Roll 1 side of the fish in pistachio, place in cooking pan nut side facing upward.
- Cut butter into 4 – 6 dabs and place on top of the filets.
- Wash the lemon, cut in wedges, set aside.
- Cook fish until it is opaque throughout but still moist. Don't overcook but check to see that the fish is not clear and shiny in the center. Note: Fish is cooked at 145 F when checked in the mid section of the filet using a temperature probe.
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon over the filets and serve with a fresh lightly cooked vegetable or as an alternate serve with a fresh salad.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site. Only 2 dozen copies left. Blog site : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.