There’s a new motorhome on the Class B market, with one of the lowest MSRP pricetags on the market. This podcast is from the 2014 National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.
This is where all the 2015 RVs, travel trailers, pop-ups and RV accessories are introduced to the industry and RV press.
It is not open to the public, but we were there to report on the latest in RVs, starting with the unveiling of the the brand new Roadtrek Zion, a new model built on the Dodge ProMaster chassis.
In this episode, I interview Roadtrek Motorhome President Jim Hammill, who talked about:
- The Zion dimensions
- The Zion’s solar power and engine generator
- The 50 cubic feet of storage
- The price of the new unit
- It’s production schedule and availability
Here’s a video I did of the interview I did with Jim Hammill, as Jennifer checked out the more than 50 cubic feet of cabinet storage in the Zion.
I also interviewed Steve Fretz, from Fretz RV in Pennsylvania, one of the nation’s biggest dealers. Steve talked about:
- Industry trends
- Changing RV demographics
- Why Class B RVs are so popular
- The new technology in RVs
All this was was from Day One. I’ll be covering the show all week. Please listen to the podcast for complete info.
Here are the stats for the Roadtrek Zion, from the official Product Review sheet handed out by Roadtrek at the show:
- Exterior length – 20’11”
- Exterior width – 6′ 11″
- Interior aisle width – 29″
- Exterior height – 9′ 5″
- Interior standing height – 6′ 2″
- Wheelbase – 159″
- Gross vehicle weight rating – 9,350 pounds
- Occupant and cargo carrying capacity – 1,250 pounds
- Gross combined weight rating – 11,500 pounds
- Fuel type – Gas 24 US gal
- Fresh water capacity – 35 US gal
- Black holding tank capacity – 19 US gal
- Gray holding tank capacity – 20 US gal
- Rear king sleeping max width and length – 74′”x 76″
Here are some photos I snapped
Many of you ask how you can subscribe, review and rate the Roadtreking Podcast on iTunes. With a new podcast like this, those reviews and ratings are really important to be able to show well in the iTunes listings. So if you can, I’d sure appreciate it if you’d subscribe and leave me your review.
First, open up the iTunes app on your computer or mobile device. Click on Podcasts up on the top
> From the iTunes Podcasts page, use the “Search Store” field up at the top right corner of the page. Type in Mike Wendland or Roadtreking RV Podcast.
> Click on the logo image of the Roadtreking RV Podcast on the search return page
> From there (see photo above), you can…
2) Choose and Click on a star (1-5) that reflects your rating. Five stars means you really like it, one star not so much.
3) Leave a written review.
Thanks to all for the kind reviews we’ve received so far. That got us noticed by Apple/iTunes as “New and Noteworthy.” I appreciate every review!
And remember, you can appear in future episodes. Ask a question or voice your comments about RV topics by clicking the Leave Voicemail tab on the right side of this page here at Roadtreking.com. You can then use the microphone on your computer to record your words.
Comments are closed.