This salad can be put together quickly for lunch or dinner for vegans or those on an unrestricted eating program.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 head of baby romaine lettuce
6 spears of uncooked asparagus
6 cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup fruit or berries
1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
1/4 cup flavored vinegar of choice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp honey mustard
1 1/2 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse romaine, vegetables and fruit. Cut or snap and discard the lower 2″ of the asparagus spears.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil to a medium saute pan, turn heat to medium.
- When the oil is hot, saute the asparagus and cherry tomatoes for 3 minutes turning the spears as needed.
- Cut romaine into bite sized pieces. Blot lettuce dry or spin the salad in a salad spinner.
- Place lettuce in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut avocado into slices after peeling and removing the pit.
- Top lettuce with the fruit and vegetables.
- For vegan entrée: Chop and add 12 oz. can of drained jackfruit in brine solution to the salad.
- For unrestricted diet: Add 1 cup sliced or chopped cooked poultry, meat shrimp, crab, lobster or cheese as desired.
- Combine salad dressing with a whisk. Toss salad just prior to serving.
Comments are closed.