Pan fry wafer thin pork chops with a Mexican flare!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Serves – 4 – 6
Cooking Method: Stovetop and Convection
6 wafer thin boneless pork cutlets
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup tortilla chips
1 cup salsa
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse pork cutlets, pat dry and set aside.
- Place tortilla chips in a Vitamix, blender or food processor, on medium setting to create a bread crumb-like product, set aside.
- Lightly press pork cutlets into the finely processed tortilla crumble, coat both sides.
- Warm oil in a heavy skillet, add chopped onion and pork cutlets.
- Brown both sides of pork over medium heat, squeeze the juice of a lemon over the cutlets.
- Remove cutlets with tongs when lightly browned, place on paper towels to drain.
- Place cutlets in a casserole dish.
- Drain excess oil from the skillet, add salsa, lemon rinds and beer to the skillet, stir to combine.
- Pour salsa mixture over the cutlets.
- Finish cooking the cutlets in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until pork is fully cooked.
- Refrigerate leftover and make soft tacos the next day!