These sugar cookie will certainly delight your family and friends this holiday season!
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
1 cup butter (I use Kerrygold Irish butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 raw egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour (I like King Arthur)
- Cut cold butter into 1″ cubes, place in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and salt. Combine ingredients using a hand mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes until butter color lightens and the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add yolk, mix until combined.
- Add flour slowly, mix until just combined.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured cutting board.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll dough into a 2″ wide cylinder.
- Cut dough into 1/4″ slices, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar and add nuts if desired.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- These cookies are delicious and store in freezer zip top bags in the freezer for 3 months.
Comments are closed.