The combination of flavors in this casserole is delicious, even those that do not like Brussel sprouts seem to like this dish! -Chef MJ
Serves 2 – 3
2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups Brussel sprouts, rinse, cut in half
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 onion, diced medium
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup red or yellow bell pepper, medium diced
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup pecans, medium diced
1/2 lemon, zest only
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse lemon and vegetables, pat dry then dice, cut as listed above, set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over MEDIUM heat, add halved Brussel sprouts, diced bell peppers, dried cranberries and diced onion.
- Saute’ for 8 – 10 minutes stirring frequently, until cooked through and lightly browned, next add garlic, crumbled cooked bacon and diced pecans, saute’ and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add balsamic vinegar, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add crumbled gorgonzola cheese stir and until gorgonzola or blue cheese partially melts.
- Take the skillet off heat.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a serving bowl. Add additional fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Top the vegetables with freshly zested lemon.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Comments are closed.