From our RV Recipes collection comes a dessert treat of tangy lemon yogurt brownies that is simply delicious and a snap to make.
By Chef MJ Curry
This RV Recipes twist on the traditional brownies is a refreshing delight especially in the summertime. You can prepare these brownies ahead of a camping adventure or right at your RV destination using a convection oven. I like to serve these with some fresh blueberries or raspberries in season.
It is rare to have leftovers that last more than a day or two!
RV Recipes Tangy Lemon Yogurt Brownies Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice for brownies
1 – 2 tbsp. lemon juice for the glaze
2 lemons zest only
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 raw eggs (whisked lightly)
1/4 cup plain or vanilla 2% Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. vegetable oil or mild tasting olive oil
RV Recipes Tangy Lemon Yogurt Brownies Directions
- In a medium bowl add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, stir.
- Add lemon juice, zest of 1 lemon, yogurt, whisked eggs and vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare a 8″ x 8″ pan with a light coating of vegetable oil or baking spray.
- Bake brownies in a preheated oven set at 350 F, bake for 20 minutes or until brownie mixture is set and no longer wet when tested with a knife inserted into the center of the brownie.
- Let brownies cool for 10 minutes then cut into individual portions and serve.
Note: The brownies can be topped with a lemon glaze
RV Recipes Tangy Lemon Yogurt Brownies Lemon Glaze
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. lemon zest and a few squeezes of lemon juice
Directions for Lemon Glaze
- Add powdered sugar and lemon zest to a small bowl, stir to combine lemon zest into the sugar.
- Slowly add lemon juice until you get the desired consistency thick but drops off the side of a spoon easily.
If you are looking for other RV recipes, food pairings or over 105 recipes that are designed for those who travel in an RV r camper, check out my cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! – available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: https:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday Mike and Jennifer Wendland publish the insiders RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where they share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we’ll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and Mike use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider’s newsletter each Monday, you’ll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!