If you are looking for a delicious quick simple summer dinner idea that will come together in less than 10 minutes and only require a few minutes of stovetop or grill saute' try this recipe I put together this week and beat the heat!
I did my shopping at Trader Joe's for the ingredients but you can put together something similar from your local grocery store as you enjoy adventure camping. My husband Jeff said this is the best salad he's ever had… and it was easy. The secret to the success is in making the plate look appealing and using ingredients that compliment each other.
I have a whole section in my new release cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! on plating that you may find helpful.
1 bag frozen mixed seafood (I used a combo pkg. with calamari, scallops, shrimp)
1 pkg California sushi rolls
1 pkg. ready made salad (included in the package: spring mix greens with pecans, blue cheese, dried cranberries and a light salad dressing
1 pkg endive (in the salad/greens aisle)
1 small can mandarin oranges
6 spear of asparagus (use the upper 3″ of the vegetable)
1 lemon zest and juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute'/ fry pan or cast iron skillet add olive oil and turn stovetop onto medium heat.
- Rinse asparagus then add to 1 side of the pan.
- Add the frozen seafood to the opposite side of the pan.
- Add salt and pepper, lemon juice and saute' for a few minutes until cooked through. Watch carefully to avoid overcooking. Note: Raw shrimp should turn from gray shells to pink and the seafood warm and no longer translucent.
- When cooking is complete (approx. 5 min.) take the saute' pan off heat.
- In a medium individual serving bowl, place 1/3 one cup of greens and half the asparagus spears.
- Drain cooked seafood and mound 1 cup of seafood on one side of the plate.
- Place 2 sushi rolls across from the saute' seafood.
- Add evenly spaced endive leaves.
- Place the provided ready salad mix sides using 1/2 of the dried cranberries and pecans placed in an endive leaf, 1/2 the blue cheese in another endive leaf, 3 mandarin oranges (not in the readymade salad mix) in another endive leaf.
- Drizzle a light oil and vinegar dressing over the salad. (included in the Trader Joe's readymade salad).
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.