This week I have a whole bunch of tips. I call them Life Hacks for the RVer…. little things that can make a big difference. I have seven of them, life hacks I’ve either learned herself or been taught by others.
1) Get rid of yucky odors – Want to quickly freshen up the inside of your RV? Maybe there’s a stale smell or it’s been sitting idle for a while? Tape a dryer sheet over the AC vents and turn it on for a few minutes.
2) Sop up trash can messes – We all have trash cans in our RVs. We also use a plastic bag in those trash receptacles. But sometimes, spills happen. Put old newspaper at the bottom of your trash can – inside the plastic bag – to absorb food juices that may spill.
3) Dirty clothes deodorizer – When you are on the road, where do you keep your dirty laundry? Try keeping a bar of scented soap in the same compartment as your dirty laundry. It will help the clothes smell a lot cleaner than they are.
4) Look better in photos – Here’s one we learned from some photo classes. When you are taking a photo of someone – or someone is taking a picture of you – your smile will look a lot more genuine if, instead of just smiling, you also squint your eyes. Try this. It really works!
5) Junk food fire starter – Here’s one Mike learned. If you can’t find any ready kindling wood to start your campfire, use a handful of Doritos. Really. They burn just like kindling and can get a blaze going very fast.
6) Microwave pizza trick – Here’s a good tip about rewarming leftover pizza. To keep the crust from getting chewy when you warm it up in the microwave, put a little water in a glass and put it right in there on the carousel with the pizza.
7) Keep bananas longer -When you are on the road and you buy some bananas, you usually need to buy a bunch of four or five of them. Then they all get ripe in a day or so and you end up throwing them away. Next time, wrap the stems where they all connect with plastic wrap. This will keep them fresh for a week or more. Then you just cut the bananas off as needed.
Got some tips of your own? Share them in the comments below,