This flavor combination is tasty and the risotto is perfect texture and consistency.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1/3 cup dry white wine
32 oz. box chicken stock
2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
20 medium raw shrimp, rinsed, deveined, shelled
1 1/2 cups raw asparagus, remove bottom stems
1/3 tsp dried thyme
2 lemons, 1 cut in slices, 1zested
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse asparagus and snap or remove the lower 2″ of the asparagus stems.
- Chop asparagus into 1″ long pieces, set aside.
- Mince onion (medium dice), set aside.
- Using the saute’ feature on the Instant Pot. Add oil and minced onions to the stainless pot of the Instant Pot.
- Saute’ and stir onions for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add white wine, continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Add dried thyme, chicken broth and rice to the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot off and restart using the manual setting set for 7 minutes on HIGH pressure. Close the lid and the steam vent.
- When the Instant Pot reaches HIGH pressure, the 7 minute count down will begin. When the cooking cycle is complete, use the quick release method to release the steam.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- On the stovetop, saute’ the asparagus and lemon zest until tender, add to the risotto.
- Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil to the saucepan and saute’ the shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until shrimp is cooked through then add to the risotto.
- Serve family style placing risotto in a in a large bowl.