Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
These cinnamon Rolls are wonderful. I trialed these a few different ways to find the best means of creating a great bread texture that was full of yummy gooey delicious filling and topping. I made this recipe in the Instant Pot and another batch in the Convection oven. For convection oven, preheat the oven, bake as directed on the Pillsbury hot roll mix box. Use 1 7″ foil disposable pan for 1/2 the total batch. No steam rack. Make certain the center of the dough is fully baked before cooling the rolls. -Chef MJ
For 3 quart Instant Pot – Makes 2 separate batches of 8 cinnamon rolls.
This is a good make ahead recipe or make while you are camping and enjoy over a few days. The cinnamon rolls stay fresh for a few days in zip top bags on the counter or 3 months in the freezer.
Ingredients – (for 2 batches of 8 rolls)
- Use half ingredients for each batch)
16 oz. Pillsbury Hot Roll mix (dry mix in a box)
1 cup hot water (120 – 130 degrees F)
filling ( use half for each batch)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
glaze (for 2 batches of 8 rolls)
* Use half for each batch
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare Pillsbury Hot Roll mix dough according to package directions for sweet rolls on the side of the box.
- After kneading the dough on a lightly flour cutting board, let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in 2. Stretch 1 portion of dough to 3 1/2″ x 10″ long.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and create a crumbly paste.
- Add filling paste evenly on top of the dough then log roll the cinnamon rolls lengthwise, cut into 1″ slices.
- Prepare a 7″ round disposable foil pan with baking spray. Place topping mixture in the foil pan (see pic).
- Place roll slices over the topping. Cover the rolls lightly and let them rise for 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water in the IP stainless steel pot liner and place in the IP.
- Cut steam vent holes in a second 7″ round foil pan (see pic), place pan in the IP with the slit side of foil pan upwards, creating an elevated rack.
- Prepare a foil sling that is 3 x the width of the stainless steel liner, fan fold foil lengthwise x4 to forming a sling, then center the sling in the Instant Pot.
- After rolls have risen, uncover and place the 7″ foil pan of rolls in the foil sling. Place a paper towel over the rolls and cover (but do not seal the pan of rolls) lightly with the disposable lid provided with the 7″ pans, reflective side down.
- Roll the foil sling ends down to the top of the covered pan of rolls (see pic). Close IP lid and steam vent. Set IP to MANUAL 23 minutes HIGH pressure. Let steam release naturally for 10 minutes then use the quick release.
- Lift pan with rolls from the IP using the foil sling ends.
- Place a dinner plate serving side down over the rolls and flip the pan over. The rolls will self glaze.
Want more recipes like this? Check out this Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
2 Responses to “Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls”
Comments are closed.
October 20, 2018at6:56 pm, anne sprague said:
this sounds amazing, oh gosh what a fab recipe — and more instant pot recipes in your posts for me to look thru. THANKS so much.
October 20, 2018at11:10 am, Laura HughesPostema said:
Mary Jane, you’ve done it again! Thanks for creating and sharing your recipes.