This creamy Greek yogurt and cream cheese pie tastes so refreshing in the heat of summer. Adding fresh berries of choice that are in season creates a delicious dessert! You can bake this recipe without a crust if you like and the filling holds up well in individual ramekins for single servings.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors!
1 pre made pie crust (optional)
17 oz container of plain Greek yogurt
8 oz block of cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs, large
zest from half an orange or lemon
1/2 cup fresh berries, rinsed
Garnish Crème Fraiche or Whipped Cream.
- Pre-heat oven or convection oven to 325 degrees F, (163 degrees C).
- In a blender place Greek yogurt, cream cheese, citrus zest.
- Place the lid on the blender and process on MEDIUM for 30 seconds.
- Turn blender off, scrape down mixture with a rubber spatula then blend on MEDIUM for 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl combine flour and sugar. Turn blender to LOW, slowly add flour/sugar through the center opening of the blender lid, continue blending on LOW for 20 seconds.
- Add eggs and vanilla through the center opening of the lid, continue to blend on LOW for 20 seconds.
- Pour cheesecake filling into a medium bowl and hand whisk for 20 seconds to smooth any remaining lumps that may be in the filling.
- Pour 2/3 of the filling into a ready-made pie crust.
- Pour remaining filling into 2 small 6 ounce custard dishes.
- Place pie and custards on a baking sheet. Bake the small custard dishes for 25 minutes.
- The pie will take a full 45 minutes.
- Let cheesecake cool to room temperature then top with berries and crème fraiche choice.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator and enjoy over the next 3 – 4 days.
Note: Mi-Del is a gluten free pie crust in the baking aisle with ready-made pie crusts. You can make the recipe completely in custard ramekins rather than a pie just eliminate the crust and pour into ~ 8 custard dishes or ramekins.