Filet of Sole is a tender non-fishy fish that cooks up quickly and is simple to prepare in a variety of ways, even in an RV.
Here is a simple pan fry method that can be prepared on the RV stovetop or on an outdoors grill at the campsite
Serves 2 or more
Note: Refrigerate leftovers and use as an ingredient in soft tacos or lettuce wraps!
1 – 2 lb filet of sole
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp unsweetened butter
1 – 2 lemons juiced
salt and pepper to taste
- Place filets on a cutting board, pat each piece dry, then lightly coat with flour, set aside.
- Place oil in saute' pan, turn the heat to med/high.
- When oil is hot, add a single layer of fish and pan fry both sides until coooked through @ 145 degrees F. Note: The filets are thin, cooking time is approximately 2 1/2 minutes each side. When the fish is cooked through, rest the filets on a few layers of paper towels to drain the fat.
- Wipe the saucepan clean, add butter and lemon juice to taste. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Plate the filet of sole for serving and drizzle with the lemon butter sauce.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.