We love asking the campers we meet around the country to tell us their best camping spots and in Episode 358 of the RV Podcast, we learn of five of them.
These best camping spots are not very well known and in the Interview of the Week, you’ll hear them all.
See our Video Podcast of the Best Camping Spots
We do the RV Podcast in front of a camera. So there is both an audio and video version.
To see the video on our RV Lifestyle YouTube Channel, click below:
Listen to the Audio Version of the Best Camping Spots
You can hear the RV Podcast on the Apple Podcast App, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and pretty much all the other podcast apps.
But you can listen right now, by just clicking the player below.
What we cover in this episode
While the main topic in this episode deals with the best Camping Spots we heard from various campers we met on a trip we did a while back to Glacier National Park, there’s much more that we talk about.
This week, we’re trying something different with the shownotes for the episode.
We’re listing each topic we discuss and every RV industry story we report by when it appears in the podcast.
So, no matter whether you watch on video or listen via the audio-only player, just go to the time shown in the player for each different topic.
For example, if you want to hear just the interview about the best camping spots, click on the player and slide it until you see the timecode register at about 39 minutes and 10 seconds from the start.
If, instead, you want to learn about the nightly show at Carlsbad Caverns National Park put on by the bats, go to nine minutes and 52 seconds in.
This is the first time we have listed the topics. It was suggested by a follower this week and it sounded like a good idea.
So if this timecode list is helpful, please tell us by letting us know in the comments at the end of this article.
Podcast Topics for ths Episode – by time
- We’re on the road again – 1:10
- We have a new sweepstakes with great prizes – 2:00
- Shared notes and RV happenings from our followers – 6:10
- Audubon Society Photo Winners – 6:18
- Clear as Mud Highway sign – 7:15
- Temporary ID for pets in campground tip – 8:10
- The nightly bat exodus show at Carlsbad Caverns- 9:52
- Supermarket Smoke and Mirrors for empty shelves – 11:18
- What to expect at the Hershey RV Show – 14:55
- The Latest on the Western Wildfires – 20:20
- The Reopening of the US/Canada border – 23:14
- Fluctuating Fuel Prices – 25:30
- RV Question: How much can I buy off MSRP? – 29:40
- RV Question: Should I sell my house when I go fulltime? – 33:40
- Interview: RVers share their Secret and Best Camping spots – 39:10
- Ocracoke Island, NC – 39:30
- City of Rocks State Park, NM – 41:27
- Loneliest Road in America, Hwy 50, NV – 42:25
- Hot Springs Tour – OR and CA – 44:15
- The Pads, Death Valley, CA – 45:55
- Hidden Campground Gems, Bonaparte Lake Campground, WA – 50:40
- Off the Beaten Path, I-80 – 53:50
Boondocking is where Jen and Mike find the best camping spots!
Want to learn how to boondock?
We created a PRINT version of our most popular guide to help you with the most common boondocking problems. We get a ton of questions from our subscribers about how to get started boondocking that range from where to go and wild animals to water conservation to what equipment to use and more.
Throw off the shackles of traditional RV Parks and campgrounds, stop paying high fees every night that you spend in your RV, and experience the boundless amounts of nature while boondocking!
You’re done with the noisy RV parks, the 3.5 feet of room you have squished in between two other RVs, and other people’s kids running through your campsite?
You’ve ditched the hookups, the concrete blocks and have replaced them with self-leveling and Navy showers?