If you are looking for a refreshing fruit salad side dish for a holiday celebration, this is a good option and can easily be prepared at home, in your RV or at a campsite!
A simple creative chopped fruit salad that is easy to put together while traveling in your RV… and the ingredients are tasty and healthy.
When traveling in the RV I bring along a flexible cutting board an all- purpose knife for chopping as well as a colander to collect scrapes. The salad comes together quickly and is served in a medium sized bowl.
Serve this first course with any grilled or roasted meat for a dinner you plan at the campsite.
Serves 12 Enough for a holiday dinner or Potluck celebration
Note: adjust portions to fit the occasion and number of servings desired
6 large Fuji apples
2/3 cup dried cranberries
2 large lemons
2 oz honey
2 oz limoncello (optional)
1. Juice lemons, pour into a salad dressing container. Add an equal part of honey to lemon juice (ratio), set aside.
2. Place dried cranberries in a small bowl, add limoncello (optional) , stir a few times over 10 minutes.
3. Rinse fruit, remove stems, peel and dice the apples and persimmons. Place in a salad bowl.
4. Remove pomegranate seeds from the fruit, add to the salad.
5. Add dried cranberries marinated in lemoncello to the salad, then toss to combine ingredients. (optional).
Simple pre-planned meals and menus make RV kitchen galley preparations… not just possible but enjoyable.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.