We get lots of ideas and tips sent in by our audience. Some are too short for a full-length report but still useful. We’ve saved all the RV lifestyle tips you have sent us this year and by combining a bunch of them together, we’ve got a great report.
Here are 8 RV lifestyle tips that will make your life on the road and at camp a little easier.
1) Wrap a wet paper towel around a bottle and out it into the freezer. In 15 minutes, it will be almost completely ice cold.
2) Use Doritos as a fire starter. Really. They burn better than crumbled up newspaper.
3) Freeze green grapes to chill a class of white wine down without watering it down.
4) Put a small glass of water in the microwave when you warm up pizza to keep it from getting chewy
5) Save your empty Chapstick containers for an emergency cash stash. Take our the little plunger push up thing and you can store some rolled up bills in it for an emergency stash you leave in the RV.
6) If your RV has a slide out, use cut a length-long slice of a swimming pool noodle and put that over the sharp edges so you won’t hurt yourself if you accidentally bump into it at camp.
7) Get a small dry erase board and use it to write down the name of the campground, the phone number of the campground, the address, and your campsite spot number. In case you need to call emergency help, this will save you lots of time in talking with the police or emergency dispatchers.
8) Rub an onion on your barbeque grill to keep things from sticking to it.
So there you go. Hope those tips come in handy!
Meanwhile, be sure to send me your RV lifestyle tips.
To have your voice heard on the podcast, you can leave us a comment or question via Google Voice by calling 1-586-372-6990.
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday Mike and Jennifer Wendland publish the RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where they share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. As soon as you sign up, we'll send you for free the RV travel checklist that Jennifer and Mike use. You can save it to your computer and print it out for every trip like we do. No more forgetting things! Plus, besides the insider's newsletter each Monday, you'll get lots of special perks and RV discounts.
Enter your info below and you are in!
Want to REALLY connect to the RV Lifestyle?
Become as a supporter of the RV Lifestyle and get inside access to exclusive tips, trip planning ideas, how-to RV info, private member-only campouts with Mike & Jennifer, and special perks, giveaways, and discounts. CLICK HERE for info.