This dish is delicious and can be served cold as a salad or warm as a main entrée or as a side dish. I made up the recipe using ingredients I like that I though would compliment each other and that it did…
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups wild rice mix (wild and white mix)
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup orange juice
1/2 sweet brown onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 cup fresh mango slices
1 tsp crystallized ginger, diced
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, saute onions, mushrooms and bell pepper with salt and pepper.
- Add broth, juice, crystallized ginger and rice, bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Take saucepan or dutch oven off the heat and let the mixture rest in the covered pan for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, stir rice. Some of the liquid will still be present, similar to a wet risotto.
- To dry rice out further, simmer and stir on low to the desired consistency.
- Add mango, stir to combine. Serve hot or cold.