This recipe can be prepared in an Instant Pot, a Dutch Oven on the stovetop or in a Slowcooker and it is simple and tasty!
The recipe that follows was prepared in a 6 quart Instant Pot. To make in a 3 quart, decrease the number of beef short ribs to 4 pieces.
Want more recipes like this? Check out my Leisure Adventure cookbook at: https://smallkitchenbigflavors.blog/
Servings: 2 short ribs per person
6 – 7 beef short ribs
2 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
2 ribs of celery
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp dried thyme spice
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (Cento San Marzano style is a good choice)
14 oz. organic low sodium chicken broth
- Rinse bone in short ribs and pat dry.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown the short ribs on ‘saute’ in the Instant pot or on the stovetop in 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Pour diced tomatoes and chicken broth into Instant Pot, crock pot or Dutch oven.
- Rinse carrots, celery, onions and slice in large pieces (3″ length).
- Add vegetables to the pot and the thyme.
- Set Instant Pot to ‘manual’ 50 minutes (high pressure) and shut the steam valve.
- For Slowcooker set on high for 4 hours and low for 1-2 hours.
- For Dutch oven set on simmer for 4 hours.
- If using an Instant Pot, allow the steam release naturally after cooking is complete.
- Skim fat from the tomato sauce after the short ribs are fully cooked and the sauce is cooling down.
- Use sauce as a gravy over the ribs.