Fresh Naan bread can be made on the stovetop in your RV Galley or in a cast-iron skillet on an outdoor grill.
Table of Contents hide
- 1 Skillet Naan Ingredients
- 2 Directions
- 3 My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site. Only 2 dozen copies left. Blog site: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
- 4 And if you want to see all my recipes here on the RV Lifestyle site – go here and enjoy!
- 5 Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Not a lot of fuss! Naan bread is very versatile… use the bread as a pizza crust, a sandwich wrap, soft taco shell, or enjoy with a drizzle of garlic butter as a snack. Wrap any leftover cooked bread in foil and store in the fridge for 3 – 4 days.
Skillet Naan Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cups warm milk (dairy or non-dairy plain almond milk)
- ½ cup yogurt (Greek, regular plain or non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 tsp honey
- vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp. butter (optional)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, and honey. Add half of the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until the dough starts to come together. Add the remaining milk gradually, stirring and bringing the dough together with your hands.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it then let it sit in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The dough will only raise slightly.Remove dough from the bowl and knead it a few times on a floured surface. Sprinkle some extra flour on the dough as needed if the dough is too sticky. Divide the dough into 8 separate balls. Roll each ball out into an oval shape.
- Heat a cast-iron or other skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, brush it with a bit of high heat oil.
- Place 1 – 2 naan bread dough(s) on the skillet, let it cook for 2 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Flip the bread and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- For Garlic Butter drizzle: Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter melts, stir in the minced garlic and turn off the heat. Brush the naan with the garlic butter and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site. Only 2 dozen copies left. Blog site: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
And if you want to see all my recipes here on the RV Lifestyle site – go here and enjoy!
Get more RV travel ideas, tips, news, and perks!
Each Monday we publish our RV Lifestyle Newsletter, where we share weekly articles about RV travel that inspire and inform. We’ll start by sending you a free RV travel checklist. Plus, you become one of our Fellow Travelers, which gets you lots of special perks and RV discounts. It’s totally free!
Enter your info below and you are in!
Comments are closed.