Fresh Figs are in season and readily available in the grocery stores and Farmers markets. I purchased a package of 6 figs at Trader Joe’s this week for $3.49 and added a carton of blue cheese crumbles to my cart then came up with a great appetizer or side dish that is easy and looks great whether you are dining alone or serving a small group of friends while camping!
6 fresh figs, rinsed and cut in half lengthwise
2 – 3 tbsp. blue cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
Add a squirt of honey or balsamic glaze
2 tbsp diced pecans (optional)
- In a large skillet, add the butter or oil then turn the heat on to medium.
- Add the cut fig halves, saute’ for a few minutes on both sides.
- Turn the figs flesh side up and top them with a tsp of blue cheese crumbles.
- Let the figs simmer for 3 minutes then remove them to a serving platter.
- Top with honey or a balsamic glazes and some (optional) diced pecans.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.