My RV recipes choice for this week is grilled trout almondine.
If you are lucky enough to catch your trout limit for the day or nab some fresh trout from your local grocery or fishmonger… cook up a few extra to enjoy the following day. I have another of my delicious RV recipes for you.
Next week my RV recipes post will be for trout risotto recipe next week.
But let’s start with the grilled trout almondine from my RV recipes first:
I was fortunate to obtain 4 fresh trout caught by my neighbor here in Fernan Lake Village, ID. My husband and I enjoyed the first two simply prepared with a dusting of flour and a squeeze of lemon. The trout grill up in just 10 minutes – 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
If your trout is caught fresh, here’s how to clean and prepare them prior to grilling. Cut the head off, slit the underbelly end to end, remove the intestines and the blood sac behind it then rinse and pat dry. Place excess trout in a freezer ziplock bag, label, and date. Enjoy the fresh frozen trout within 3 months.
Our local market had a Char-Broil fish basket on sale that day for 33% off. It actually looks like a good-sized fish and securely sandwiches the trout in a 2 sided lockdown basket.
This simple meal was delicious!
When planning for leftovers the next day, figure one grilled trout per person
RV Recipes Ingredients for trout almondine
2 – 4 fresh trout, remove the head, gut the fish, rinse, pat dry
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 lemon, juice only
1 lemon cut in wedges for garnish
1/3 cup Amaretto
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup parsley, rinsed, chopped
RV recipes Directions for Trout Almondine
- Clean trout as noted above, rinse, pat dry.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on outside of trout and the inner cavity.
- Place trout in a fish basket. Sprinkle flour on outsides.
- Grill trout in the basket on a grill over medium heat for 5 minutes each side.
- In a saute’ pan add butter and almonds, saute’ for a few minutes on low heat.
- Off heat, add Amaretto, stir. Return the pan to low heat for 3 minutes to thicken slightly, stir frequently.
- Plate the trout, smother with almond sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
My RV Recipes cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on eBay and my blog site at: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com