This week we've pulled out of our RV Recipes box a worldwide favorite: Apple Pie, which you can make at home or in the RV
This recipe is simple and delightful and a always a very welcomed treat for dessert when we are traveling in our RV, having a family picnic or when asked to bring a dessert to a Potluck (Socially Distanced, of course) get together.
You can bake the pie ahead of time. That's probably the easiest thing to do. A baked pie travels very well. Or you can whip this up from scratch in your RV galley convection oven.
Here's the directions for the RV Recipes perfect treat:
This Apple Pie Recipe Serves 8
Apple Pie Recipe Ingredients
First, get a ready-made pie crust that you can pick up at your favorite market. Or bake your favorite homemade crust
RV Recipes: Apple Pie Filling
8 baking apples, rinsed, peeled, cored then cut into thin crosswise slices (Granny smith)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 – 2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon spice
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
RV Recipes: Apple Pie Directions
- Unwrap ready-made crust or prepare a homemade crust of choice, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sliced apples. Drizzle lemon juice over the apples and lightly toss the apples, set aside.
- In a (separate) medium bowl combine dry filling ingredients and stir. Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the apples and toss apples to combine.
- Pour the filling into a readymade or baked pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes then lower the heat to 375 F degrees and continue baking for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 – 15 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
If you are looking for other tips, food pairings or over 105 recipes that are designed for those who travel in an RV, check out:
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! – available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.