This week we’ve pulled out of our RV Recipes box a worldwide favorite: Apple Pie, which you can make at home or in the RV
This recipe is simple and delightful and a always a very welcomed treat for dessert when we are traveling in our RV, having a family picnic or when asked to bring a dessert to a Potluck (Socially Distanced, of course) get together.
You can bake the pie ahead of time. That’s probably the easiest thing to do. A baked pie travels very well. Or you can whip this up from scratch in your RV galley convection oven.
Here’s the directions for the RV Recipes perfect treat:
This Apple Pie Recipe Serves 8
Apple Pie Recipe Ingredients
First, get a ready-made pie crust that you can pick up at your favorite market. Or bake your favorite homemade crust
RV Recipes: Apple Pie Filling
8 baking apples, rinsed, peeled, cored then cut into thin crosswise slices (Granny smith)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 – 2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon spice
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
RV Recipes: Apple Pie Directions
- Unwrap ready-made crust or prepare a homemade crust of choice, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sliced apples. Drizzle lemon juice over the apples and lightly toss the apples, set aside.
- In a (separate) medium bowl combine dry filling ingredients and stir. Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the apples and toss apples to combine.
- Pour the filling into a readymade or baked pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes then lower the heat to 375 F degrees and continue baking for 20 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 – 15 minutes prior to slicing and serving.