Thanksgiving is coming soon and pumpkin season continues for a few more weeks. I created this make ahead powdered pancake mix that you can bring along on a camping trip.
When you are in the mood for pancakes just add the wet ingredients listed below!
Leftover pancakes can be stored in sandwich sized freezer ziptop bags, 2 pancake per package. Just place a piece of wax paper between the 2 pancakes, label, date and freeze for up to 3 months.
Serves 6 – 8
Dry Mix Can be made ahead of time, place in a ziptop bag, label and date and use within 3 months
2 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced pecans (optional)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
wet mixture (add when ready to prepare the pancakes)
1 1/2 cups milk
10 oz plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie or sweetened pumpkin)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp plain vinegar
zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a gallon ziptop bag. Label and date. Use within 3 months.
- When making pancakes, place dry ingredients in a large bowl, stir to combine then add the wet ingredients.
- Stir to mix the wet with the dry then set aside.
- Spray a large heavy cast iron skillet with coconut oil spray, place on the grill or stovetop over med/high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, use a large spoon to add a medium dollop of batter to the pan.
- Flip the pancakes over when the small air bubbles on the surface of the pancake(s) just begin to burst.
- Remove individual pancakes off heat as they become fully cooked and place them on a plate.
- Serve with real maple syrup or yogurt or berries.
- Package leftover pancakes as mentioned above.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at : http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com
Comments are closed.