Here is another one of our delicious RV Convection Oven Recipes sure to please – Grilled Asparagus!
RV Microwave/Convection ovens that have a grill function actually cut down on the time it takes to prepare meals including the grilling of meats, vegetables, and breads.
The grill feature on the RV convection oven allows you to sear and cook vegetables, pizza, flatbreads and meat in approximately the same time it would take to grill these items on a stovetop or outside grill.
Is there a noticeable change in the quality of the finished product with RV convection oven recipes?
The quality is just fine and not compromised. The food will hold its shape, structure, appearance, and texture in the RV convection oven and provide you with a great meal item.
Here are some pointers on using the grill function of the High Pointe Convection Oven common in many RV's and other recreational towable units with kitchen galleys:
RV Convection oven features, wattage and accessories vary. If you do not have a hard copy of the appliance manual, check online and place a copy of the manual for your particular device on your desktop. Take some time to read the specific safety and operation guidelines in the manual and avoid substituting accessories and racks that are not designed to be used with your oven.
What does the grill feature offer?
When using the grilling function for preparing RV convection oven recipes, always have the microwave turntable and the microwave glass plate that was provided with your oven. Never run the appliance when it is empty. When preparing to use the oven, place the food you are going to grill in an ovenproof casserole dish or skillet; place this on the grill rack and set on the glass microwave plate that has the turntable below. If the grill rack has a high and a low feature, turn the rack so that the short legs are upward and the longer legs are down.
What are some oven Grilling ideas for RV convection oven recipes?
Common foods to grill in your convection oven are: grilled sandwiches, vegetables and steaks. The grilling time may vary depending on the wattage of your oven make and model and the design features.
How long does the grilling process for RV convection oven recipes?
A grilled cheese sandwich typically grills in the oven in 4 minutes (2 minutes per side). Steak approximately 12 minutes – 14 minutes (6 – 7 minutes per side). For steak, the grilling time is influenced by the temperature of the meat as well as the size and thickness. This is true whether you are grilling in the convection oven or by other means. I recommend having the steak at room temperature for 30 – 40 minutes prior to grilling.
Programing the High Pointe convection oven for grilling (steps 1 – 3 can be done with the oven door open or closed).
- To use the grill setting on the High Pointe Rv convection oven:
2. Press the ‘grill' button once. G1 will display. This is the 100% grilling setting.
3. Press the number buttons for the desired grilling time. For 10 minutes press 1 0 0 0 (ten minutes no seconds.
4. Place your dish of food on the grill rack and rest the rack on the microwave turntable and rotating microwave plate
5. Close the oven door if it is open and press the start button.
The oven will beep twice when the grilling time you set is half over. If you want to turn the food in the pan for even cooking during the second half of the grilling time, open the oven door when the 2 beeps sound, turn the food over in the skillet or dish, close the door and the grilling time will continue its countdown.
If the item you a grilling does not need to be turned over in the skillet or pan just ignore the 2 beeps and the grilling cycle continues as normal.
Can I check my food at other times during the grilling time count down?
You can check the food anytime you want during the grilling count down by selecting the ‘stop' button, press once, open the oven door, check the food then close the oven door. To continue the grilling – press start. To stop all cooking/grilling ‘press the stop button a second time'.
What's cooking? Here's another of our RV convection oven recipes:
RV Convection Oven Recipes: Oven Grilled Asparagus
5 spears asparagus (select firm medium thickness spears)
1 tsp olive oil
sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Rinse asparagus under running cool water, pat dry.
- Snap or cut the lower portion (2″) of the asparagus off, discard the distal portion.
- Place the asparagus in a small iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with sea salt, pepper and a little olive oil then lightly toss the asparagus in the skillet.
- Place the skillet on the grill rack (following guidelines listed in the information above). If the rack has a high and low position, you can use either for this skillet vegetable recipe however typically (steaks, pizza etc.) use the rack in the high position.
- Press the ‘Grill' button once. G1 will display = (100%) grilling.
- Press the time ‘1000' ten minutes 10 and 00 no seconds. Grilling time with asparagus in the high rack position will likely be fully cooked in a few minutes less time.
- Close the oven door if it is open.
- Press start.
- The oven will beep x2 halfway through the programed time; open the oven door, check the doneness of the asparagus and adjust the grilling time as needed to complete the cooking.
- To reset the grilling time press the stop button twice. Then set the new grilling time following the instructions above but entering the new grilling time desired. If the asparagus is nearly cooked at the halfway time you may want to decrease the remaining grilling time displayed.
Here's a video of Chef MJ preparing this selection from her RV convection oven recipes:
Select the grill time feature desired using the grill button on the face of the appliance then the number buttons for the time desired then start.
My cookbook Small Kitchen Big Flavors! is available at a great Introductory Price on Ebay and my blog site at: http:/smallkitchenbigflavorsblog.wordpress.com